New Mexico Marijuana Card
New Mexico Medical Marijuana Card
In order to receive full legal protections of New Mexico medical marijuana law, a qualified patient or a primary caregiver must obtain a registry identification card, also referred to as a medical marijuana card or cannabis card, from the New Mexico Department of Health (DOH).
How to Obtain a Medical Marijuana Card in New Mexico
1. Complete the entire Participant Application/Medical Certification Form, making sure your Marijuana Doctors physician fills out the appropriate sections. If you wish to produce your own medical cannabis, be sure to complete the section of your application for a Patient Production License. Find a medical marijuana doctor in New Mexico here.
2. Make a clear and visible copy of your Photo I.D.
3. You must also adhere to the following guidelines regarding certain approved conditions:
* If applying under Chronic Pain, you must have a second certification from a specialist
* If applying under PTSD, you must have medical records showing a psychiatrist’s diagnosis
* If applying under Glaucoma, you must have medical records showing an ophthalmologist’s diagnosis
* If applying under Inflammatory Autoimmune-Mediated Arthritis, you must have a certification from a Rheumatologist
4. If you are applying for a patient production license, you must pay a $15 fee (if you make over 400% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines for your household).
5. Send all of the above to:
Department of Health
1190 St. Francis Drive
Santa Fe, NM 87502